How to Change a Car Tire
Changing a car tire can seem complicated, but it only requires the right tools and a few minutes of time. If you are ever in need of a tire change, here is what you should do.
Gathering Your Tools
In order to change a tire, you will need the following tools:
- Jack – usually included in the trunk of the car
- Wheel Wrench – also usually included in the trunk of the car
- Tire Iron – used to pry the tire off the car
- Jack Stands – used to hold the car in place
- Spare Tire – also usually included in the trunk of the car
Once you have gathered the necessary tools and located the spare tire, you are ready to begin.
- Position the jack under the car on the frame near the tire that needs to be changed and raise the car up.
- Once the car is lifted, use the wheel wrench to remove the lug nuts on the tire.
- Place the jack stands securely under the car, so that the car is securely in place.
- Use the tire iron to pry the tire off the car.
- Place the spare tire on the car and replace the lug nuts.
- Lower the car and tighten the lug nuts with the wheel wrench.
Changing a tire is a fairly straightforward task that everyone should know how to do. With the right tools and a few minutes of time, you can quickly have your spare tire in place and be on your way.