How to Make a Homemade Deodorizing Spray
Everyone, at some point, has wanted to make something natural, like a deodorizing spray, and they don’t know where to start. Don’t worry, making a homemade deodorizing spray is not as difficult as it may seem! All you need are a few simple ingredients and a few minutes to create a safe and effective deodorizing spray for your home. Read on for how to make your own!
- A small spray bottle
- Distilled or filtered water
- Essential oils
- Optional: witch hazel or vodka
- Find a small spray bottle. A glass bottle with a spray nozzle is the best, but any spray bottle will do.
- Fill the spray bottle with distilled or filtered water.
- Add essential oils. The recommended blend is 10-20 drops of citrus or pine essential oil, plus an equal quantity of lavender or rosemary essential oil. Feel free to play around with different combinations until you find one you like.
- To help bind the essential oils to the water, you can add a few drops of witch hazel or vodka. This is optional, however.
- Shake the bottle to mix all the ingredients together, then you’re ready to go!
Spray your homemade deodorizing spray in any room of your home to help neutralize odors. You can spritz your carpets and furniture, as well as your curtains and upholstery. You can even place several in different rooms as air fresheners.
Now you know how to make an effective, safe and natural deodorizing spray. Enjoy!