How to Make a Homemade Salad Dressing
Making homemade salad dressings is easy and it pays off with a healthier, tastier and fresher product than what you can buy in the store. The ingredients are simple and all you need is a bit of creativity, few basic materials and you’re ready to start!
What You’ll Need:
- Oil: Olive oil is the most popular, but you can use vegetable, canola or avocado.
- Acid: Vinegar or fresh squeezed citrus juice.
- Salt and Pepper: To season.
- Herbs and Spices: To make unique and flavorful dressings, think of adding dill, garlic, onion powder, oregano, or cumin.
- Additional Flavorings: Mustard for a tangier flavor, honey for sweetness, or hot sauce to spice it up a bit.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil and acid until they are well combined.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Start with a pinch of each, or about ¼ teaspoon, and add more if desired.
- Now it’s time to add your favorite herbs and spices. Try to use as few as possible so that you’re able to determine what flavors are most prominent.
- Finish off your dressing with any additional flavorings you want. Again, use sparingly so that the flavors don’t overpower the dressing.
- Whisk everything together until it is combined and creamy. Taste and adjust as needed.
- Serve over your favorite salad and enjoy!
Making a homemade salad dressing is incredibly easy and can add delicious flavor to any salad. Experiment with different herbs and spices to find just the right mix of flavors. With a few simple ingredients, you’ll master the art of quality homemade salad dressings in no time!